There are times where a session needs to be cancelled due to staff leave, illness etc. To cancel a session and send out a notification to Participants on the register follow these steps:
- Head over to the Activities icon and check that you are viewing the Manage Session Registers tab (calendar page).
- Using the available filters, filter the calendar to display the session/s you wish to amend.
- Open the session register by clicking on the relevant session.
- The Session Register page allows you to amend and update details such as time, location, and session owner. Make any amendments as required and close the page. Your changes will be saved.
- If text messages are set to Active, in particular "Session cancelled" and "Session rescheduling" participants on the register will receive a text notification of the changes to time, date and location (not session owner).
If a session is either cancelled or rescheduled, ensure the "Omit session rescheduling text messages " is unticked
All participants on the register will receive a text notification of the changes to time, date and location.
Any text messages in Pending are already with our third party SMS provider - there is nothing that can be done about that but the above amendment would cover it.
As for queued, deleting, cancelling and rescheduling action will delete any queued messages. If the re-schedule campaign is active, new ones will be put in queued.
Also, deleting an activity will cancel all bookings (using the same methods).